Present Value / Time Value of Money Calculator|
Enter values for three or four known parameters and click on the
appropriate button to solve for the unknown parameter
- N = Number of compounding periods.
- I/Y% = Interest rate year. Use the P/Y input field to change to more frequent compounding.
- PV = Present value.
- PMT = Annuity payment per period.
- FV = Future value.
- Note that if you enter both PV and FV, one must be negative (cash outflow) and one positive (cash inflow).
- Format = Number of decimal places for rounding.
- P/Y = Number of compounding periods per year. For instance, if the interest rate is annual, but interest is compounded monthly or the payment is monthly, enter 12 for this value. Alternatively, if your compounding period matches your interest rate (for instance, the interest rate is the rate per month and the payment is monthly as well), then leave this set to 1.
- Ordinary annuity / Annuity due = Set to Ordinary annuity for payments at the end of the compounding period (default), or Annuity due for payments at the beginning of the compounding period.
- Press [Ctrl]+ or [Ctrl]- to increase or decrease the display size.
- Single cash flow examples.
- Ordinary annuity examples.
- Annuities due examples.
© 2003, 2016 by Richard Lindgren, Graceland University
Last revised 9-Feb-16
Email any errors or bug reports to the author.